Make your day special with one of our fantastic Animal Experiences. Be sure to catch up with the Rangers at one of the many ‘Feeding Times’ or, for a truly unforgettable experience, book an exclusive Animal Close Encounter to go inside the enclosures and get one-on-one with koalas, dingos, pythons and more!
Be sure to check out the Feeding Times Board at the top of the trail to know where and when the action is happening. Witness a game of Tug o’ War with our Tassie Devils, see the Owls swoop down for a tasty snack or perhaps be lucky enough to see a Snake strike out for his lunch! Don’t forget to say G’day to our friendly Rangers who will be there to share plenty of fun facts and answer all your wildlife questions.
Take your brush with the wild to the next level by adding on a Close-Up Encounter with our adorable wildlife. Whether you are looking for cute, cuddly, chatty or even a little bit cheeky, we’ve got the encounter just for you.
Experience the life of a Gumbuya Ranger in this incredible 3-hour experience where your child will work alongside our Rangers on the Wildlife Trail.
Age range: 8-13 years old
Maximum number of children per session: 8
*This experience is ONLY offered on Saturdays*
Price: $89pp | Duration: 3hrs (11am – 2pm)
• Price includes access to Gumbuya World for the day and Lunch package.
• Participants must be wearing sturdy, closed toed shoes and appropriate clothing.
• You MUST inform us of any allergies your child may have as there may be contact with foodstuffs during animal food preparation &/or feeding times.
• Junior Ranger Experience may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions (Full refund and/or option to rebook will be available.)
• Preparing diets and enrichment items
• Cleaning and maintaining animal exhibits
• Meeting and feeding our animals including koalas, dingoes, macaws, roos & more
• Going back of house in the Critter Cave to get up close to our reptiles
• And so much more!
It really is an opportunity for your child to experience their ultimate dream job!
*This experience is for children aged 8-13 ONLY. Parents/guardians will NOT be able to accompany their child during the Junior Ranger experience. Special exceptions may be considered however please contact Gumbuya prior to booking.
**Rangers can take photos of your child (with prior consent) and upon conclusion of encounter, these images will be sent to your contact details and subsequently deleted from Gumbuya’s Device. Alternatively the Junior Ranger may carry a photography device during the experience.